CRITERIA FOR EXCELLENCE ACROSS SECTORS
Procurement & Supply excellence can be defined as when procurement:
- Delivers tangible results to the bottom and top line of the business; in terms of cost, risk and value creation;
- Is a strategic business function with support of the management board;
- Has key relationships with business stakeholders and is involved in strategic decisions at an early stage;
- Brings continual improvement to the function and innovation from the supply base;
- Acts in a responsible and fair manner
Awards categories are open to all corporate and Public Procurement & Supply functions of any size of team or business residing in Ghana.
Although the award entries are recommended, companies may enter submissions for as many categories as they desire as long as the entries are truly unique and relevant to the category they are entering for.
This award recognises the private sector organisation that has displayed excellence and/ or innovation in procurement over the past 24 months and can demonstrate the results achieved.
We will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Background: Please provide a brief background of the organisation, including when the company was established, number of employees, turnover, key team members and their roles as well as any relevant industry achievements.
- Key Projects & Initiatives: Please provide a brief description of significant projects or initiatives relating to the procurement function over the past 24 months and why you think they were exceptional.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been employed, demonstrating how innovation in the procurement strategy and/or execution helped the outcome.
- Outcomes & Results: Summarise the outcomes of the efforts including the contribution to business growth and/ or benefits to the company.
- Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry.
Procurement & Supply Lifetime Achievement Award
The winner of this award will be a long-time proponent of procurement and a leader of the growth of the procurement function throughout their career. Businesses are welcome to nominate function luminaries, leaders and colleagues.
There is no short-list for this award and the winner will be announced on the night. On this occasion, the winner will be informed prior to the event.